Start Your Journey at GES
To ensure that all products including incoming products and internally produced components meet the quality standards required by the customer and the organization. To be responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and to ensure a prompt resolution to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake department Quality spot checks.
- Target specific quality inspections for key products and customers
- Carry out In-process weld inspections ensuring that all quality and in process checks are conducted as planned.
- Remove all products or material that fail to meet specification to quarantine area
- Log all quality issues using relevant system and ensure correct process of replacement parts
- Check and log all weld inspection sheets.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process
- Ensuring control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Ensuring all documentation is up to date and accurate
- Assist in preparation of ISO audits.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with internal and external colleagues to resolve quality issues promptly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Assisting Shop floor and Productions teams.
- Support improvement activities to remove waste and improve efficiency.
- Learn aspects of the manufacturing engineering role where required.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of materials and their weldability characteristics
- Knowledge of welding inspection
- Experience in reading blueprints, drawings and technical documents
- Ability to use a variety of measuring and monitoring equipment
- Degree in manufacturing engineering.
- Quality control or assurance certification
- Previous experience in a similar fast-moving environmen
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Competent and confident.
- Rational and positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to give clear visual, written, and oral instruction.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet production and despatch deadlines.
- Quality oriented and an ability to make sound judgments.
- Quick learner.