CNC Milling Operator
Start Your Journey at GES
To assist Production Management in all aspects of carrying out daily production tasks within GES Ltd to ensure its continued success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safe offloading of delivered sheet metal (Up to 6m in length and 5 tonne per sheet).
- Control of raw material stock area.
- Loading of sheet metal onto Plasma cutting table with fork truck and/or overhead crane.
- Loading/unloading parts into Press Brake, VMC and Radial Arm Drill.
- Loading/unloading parts onto racking for painting process.
- Loading parts to stocking area.
- Collection of parts for dispatch orders and control of pallets in dispatch bay.
- Program and run plasma according to work instructions
- Operate a radial arm drill according to work instructions
- Program and run a brake press according to work instructions
- Prepare/clean parts for welding/painting including the operation of a slag grinder, de-burrer, grinder, shot blaster
- Assist in the kitting of parts as per instruction
- Paint parts
- Wrap and pack pallets according to daily work schedule
- Ensuring that all process are carried out to specified quality standard
- Conduct quality checks as advised and ensure all documentation and check sheets are completed correctly
- Ensure all daily timesheets are completed correctly with full and detailed information
- Assisting with the achievement of production targets.
- Minimising wastage.
- Movement of goods around the factory
- Conduct daily/weekly housekeeping in work area
- Conduct daily/weekly maintenance checks on machinery within work area
- Maintain a tidy workplace.
- Ensure that any damage to machinery or tooling is reported to team leader
- Working in a safe manner with due consideration for personal Health & Safety and that of co-workers at all times.
- To comply with the company’s site rules and procedures at all times
- To comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and use of PPE at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of the Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management system at all times (ISO)
Any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by your manager.
- Educated to GCSE Standard or equivalent
- A minimum of six months experience in a similar role
- Previous experience and /or knowledge of working in an environment where there is a strong Health & Safety culture
- Previous experience in similar industry , ie heavy manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Previous experience of working with computer software on a shop floor environment
- Weekly pay based on experience.
- Job security in financially stable business.
- Full PPE and company branded workwear provided.
- Staff pension scheme.
- Annual leave entitlement increases with service.
- Your birthday off.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills,
- An ability to work with others within a team environment