Start Your Journey at GES
The Manufacturing Engineer, in conjunction with the Production and Sales teams, will be responsible for the development and improvement of existing manufacturing systems, processes, procedures and equipment. Working on project design, implementation and commissioning, you will drive continuous improvements in reliability, performance and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and co-ordinate the preparation of CAD drawings and technical documentation, in line with customer requirements and specifications.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints, technical drawings and specifications.
- Calculate weld and machining times for new parts/orders.
- Conduct First Time Assembly Checks (FTAC), advising Production and Sales teams on manufacturing capabilities for potential new parts/orders.
- Assist in ensuring the smooth development and implementation of new products into the production process.
- Conduct design reviews and implement changes to optimize manufacturing capacity and capability, and recommend adjustments to the assembly/production processes.
- Design jigs and fixtures to aid weld, paint and product preparation processes.
- Assist Quality and Production teams in the event of manufacture of unacceptable products.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with internal and external colleagues to resolve engineering/drawing issues promptly and efficiently
- Perform product line design and implementation
- Assist with budgeting and capital/expense project planning.
- Assist and advise on new equipment purchasing and implementation.
- Compliance with the company’s site rules and procedures at all times.
- Compliance with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and use of PPE at all times.
- Compliance with the requirements of the Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management system at all times (ISO).
- Any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by your manager.
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4+ years work experience in a similar role.
- Relevant experience in CAD/CAM design.
- Knowledge/experience of Design For Manufacturing Assembly techniques.
- Project Management experience.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing, material management and industrial engineering.
- Previous experience in similar industry, i.e. heavy manufacturing.
- Awareness of metal fabrication techniques.
- Experience in health & safety.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, including negotiation skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
- Ability to prioritize work load and quickly establish critical path activities.
- Able to investigate root cause of process non-performance.