Start Your Journey at GES
To assume responsibility for completing routine and emergency repairs to equipment, fixtures, fittings and building systems to ensure downtime is minimised.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
• Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management.
• Conduct routine inspections of machinery and equipment
• Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
• Train machine operators in preventative maintenance
• Ensure that PPM are followed and completed
• Carry out PPM schedules as necessary
• Liaise with external specialists and contractors and accompany when on site
• Provide technical support on maintenance issues to other operators on site
• Source specialist equipment/ tools/ parts required to do job
• Identify process improvement in maintenance
• Maintain spares for machinery and equipment within specified budgetary levels
• Maintain asset register for general shop floor equipment
• Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
• Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
• Assist with the design and manufacture of bespoke machine controls.
• Available for out of hours call out in emergencies.
• To comply with the company’s site rules and procedures at all times
• To comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and use of PPE at all times.
• To comply with the requirements of the Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management system at all times (ISO)
• Any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by your manager.
• Experience with fault finding and maintenance of factory plant/equipment such as plasma cutters, lathes, mills, drills,and saws
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
• Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods
• Working knowledge of tools, appliances and devices
• Demonstrable experience in problem-solving and fault diagnostics at a high level.
• Experience with fault finding and rectification on relay logic and PLC control systems
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Logical ability
• Good communication skills and ability to talk to people with differing levels of technical expertise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Strong concentration and focus
• The ability to work unsupervised